Little Flower Council 3621
The organization of Catholic men, the Knights of Columbus, was introduced in Louisiana in 1902 at New Orleans with the formation of Council 714. This order of Catholic laymen spread rapidly all through the state. Opelousas, New Iberia, St. Martinville and Lafayette all established councils within the next decade, and eventually Breaux Bridge also organized a council.
However, it was not until 1949 that steps were taken for the establishment of a council further up the Teche. This was at Cecilia, and the purpose of it was to enlist the Catholic laymen of that community and of Arnaudville. The first initiation took place at Cecilia when 47 new members were inducted into the order. The group was designated as Cecilia Council 3356.
The second initiation was held at Arnaudville on August 6, 1951, the class consisting of 46 candidates. They were still under the Cecilia Council
The first Grand Knight of this council was Pete Patin. His successor in that post was Laurent Laporte, who also served as on the Saint John Francis Regis Church Council, and the next Grand Knight was Hector Naquin, who later was ordained Deacon.
The Council has proved itself very beneficial spiritually and materially and has helped much to promote fidelity to the Church and its teachings, and to the regular reception of the Sacraments.
The Arnaudville Knights looked forward to the day when they will be able to organize their own Council. According to Chester "Doc" Broussard, who has served as Grand Knight, the Charter of the local Little Flower Council 3621 was issued on April 12, 1953.